I apologize for being away for so long! School began and the first few weeks is always a major adjustment period for me. Today I am going to talk about being organized and staying on top of everything that life throws your way!
In college you learn a lot of life lessons and skills but the greatest one I have learned is how to stay on top of everything, even when life is crazy! For me, this means a cute planner, lots of iPhone reminders, and the occasional sticky note but it all ends up working in the end!
Here are some of my best tips on staying organized!!
- My planner is literally my life. If I have anything going on, I need to write it down otherwise it is likely to be forgotten within all of my thoughts that circulate in my head every day. When I eat breakfast I often look through my plan for the day and any assignments or meetings that I have coming up. This is a great refresher and brings me into the mindset I need to be in for the day.
- Top 3 list
- I love making lists and crossing them off. I have found that long lists often overwhelm me though so I try to stick to a top 3 list, prioritizing the most important items first. That way, after I accomplish those, I feel relaxed for the rest of the day knowing that my most important things are done!!
- They are always on our person anyways so they might as well remind us of important things! I always place my most important meetings on my phone with numerous alarms so I am always reminded multiple times of my commitments!
- I am a HUGE visual person. Color coding is always the way to go in my mind! Regardless of the situation, if items are grouped together based on similar characteristics (i.e. class, priority, club) it always makes it so much easier for me to view. I love investing in colorful gel pens to liven up my planner and any notes that I need to write!
- 5 minute cleanup
- In my life, if I have a messy room I feel so stressed out. Every night I try to put aside 5 minutes where I can put away my clothes, straighten out my desk, and put away anything that is out of place. This way, hen I wake up in the morning I get to start fresh and I don’t need to worry• about cleaning up while trying to get ready!
These are just a few tips that I use to help keep my life sane. Without these items I would be a mess and constantly forgetting where I am supposed to be! If you have any suggestions of posts let me know! I would love to do some more posts related to school, maybe some food posts, and a few lifestyle posts as well!