Welcome to Mad About You! My name is Maddie and I can’t wait to begin blogging!
To get things started, here are 21 facts about me!
- I am 21! Hence the reason for doing 21 fun facts. My birthday is in early February and for the past few years it has been a dream of mine to have snow on my birthday. It hasn’t happened yet but fingers crossed it will next year!
- I am from San Diego, California but I attend the University of Missouri- Columbia so I spend most of my time out in the midwest. I always try to go back out to SD any time I can though!
- I am a Biological Sciences Major and a History Minor. I know- super weird combination. It just so happened that I love both topics so much that I wanted to study them further in college!
- I am a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority. I decided to rush because I knew no one at/going to Mizzou! It was such a strange experience for me but I wouldn’t change it at all!
- My favorite all time food is Chicken Nuggets/ Chicken Strips. I was definitely that person who ate off the kid meal until they were 18. To this day I will still order it and I honestly have no shame.
- My favorite color is hot pink. I used to hate it as a kid and would prefer purple but since college I have loved hot pink! So much so that part of my bedding was hot pink, my phone case, headphones, charging cord, Adidas, the list could go on and on…
- For as long as I can remember I have wanted to go into the medical field. In high school I decided to try it out so I applied to an internship at the local hospital. That experience was all that I needed to convince myself that pursuing medical school was the route for me!
- Recently I have found that I love going to concerts! I went to Lorde in the Spring and she was amazing!! At the beginning of the summer I went to Taylor Swift with my mom and that was another amazing concert!! I would love to see The Killers next!
- In addition to classes I also work in a research lab! I have found out that I really enjoy doing working on projects and presenting my findings to others! Our model in the lab are mice so I have gotten used o handling them, although it did take a while to get to that point.
- I have two younger brothers who are twins! One actually attends school with me!
- I hate black olives!! Whenever I eat them I feel like I want to gag so I avoid them at all cost!
- I have started to love podcasts! I am currently listening to ‘This Podcast will Kill You’ and it is fantastic! Every episode talks about different diseases that had/ have the potential to kill you. Morbid I know, but it is a very interesting listen!
- My all time favorite TV shows are Gilmore Girls and The Office. I have gone through both series countless times and they just keep getting better. I am also currently watching Shameless and New Girl and I enjoy them both!
- My favorite fruit is a banana. Earlier this summer my boyfriend and I sat outside for 9 hours to get free smoothies for year. It was such a long night but so worth it in the end! I have been getting to try all types of smoothies, ones that I never would’ve gotten before. And they all of course contain bananas!
- I was stung by a sting ray at a bonfire the end of my senior year of high school. I still have a scar on my right foot to prove it! Since then I will not go into the ocean at night and stingrays have become my least favorite animal by far.
- If the chicken fingers didn’t give it away, I am a pretty picky eater. I have gotten a lot better in college but I still love going back to comfort foods like cheese pizza!
- My favorite place is Sedona, Arizona. My family used to take road trips there all the time and it was by far my favorite place we go! I love when it storms and you can see the lightning light up the red rocks. I haven’t gone since my seniors year and I would love to go back ASAP.
- My family loves traveling! Growing up we went on so many road trips to different National Parks and cities. Throughout my life I have been collecting pins from every place I go. It is really cool to look back and see all the places that I have traveled to. I want to continue exploring in my future! One of my goals in life is to constantly explore, see new places, and meet new people.
- I am a morning person. I have always preferred to wake up early than stay up late. In college I have done my best to schedule classes that start at 8 or 9 so then I have more time in my day to study and work. On a few occasions I will stay up late but the next morning I will be up early once again.
- I am not a coffee drinker. I will occasionally drink some if I am very tired (see #19) but I try to avoid it at all possible. I would much rather have water or milk instead.
- If I had to be a Disney Princess I would choose Ariel hands down. Being a mermaid would be the coolest thing!
Wow 21 facts! If you have gotten this far then you are amazing! I can’t wait to start this adventure with all of you. I am by no means an expert on anything, instead I will talk about my experiences and things that I love.
If you have any questions or want to talk, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.