I hope you all had a great weekend! This weekend my boyfriend Chad and I decided it would be fun to go take some pictures! We found this super cute sunflower field in Mizzou’s South Research farm and we spent an hour exploring!
This was probably one of the cooler weekends we have had this summer so it was nice taking advantage of the weather and spending some time outside!
My top is from Nordstroms and it is part of the annual sale! It is super cute and perfect for summer but it can also be a cute fall item with a cardigan and some booties!
I hope you guys are enjoying my posts! I am going to continue with the college posts tomorrow!
Welcome to Mad About You! My name is Maddie and I can’t wait to begin blogging!
To get things started, here are 21 facts about me!
- I am 21! Hence the reason for doing 21 fun facts. My birthday is in early February and for the past few years it has been a dream of mine to have snow on my birthday. It hasn’t happened yet but fingers crossed it will next year!
- I am from San Diego, California but I attend the University of Missouri- Columbia so I spend most of my time out in the midwest. I always try to go back out to SD any time I can though!
- I am a Biological Sciences Major and a History Minor. I know- super weird combination. It just so happened that I love both topics so much that I wanted to study them further in college!
- I am a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority. I decided to rush because I knew no one at/going to Mizzou! It was such a strange experience for me but I wouldn’t change it at all!
- My favorite all time food is Chicken Nuggets/ Chicken Strips. I was definitely that person who ate off the kid meal until they were 18. To this day I will still order it and I honestly have no shame.
- My favorite color is hot pink. I used to hate it as a kid and would prefer purple but since college I have loved hot pink! So much so that part of my bedding was hot pink, my phone case, headphones, charging cord, Adidas, the list could go on and on…
- For as long as I can remember I have wanted to go into the medical field. In high school I decided to try it out so I applied to an internship at the local hospital. That experience was all that I needed to convince myself that pursuing medical school was the route for me!
- Recently I have found that I love going to concerts! I went to Lorde in the Spring and she was amazing!! At the beginning of the summer I went to Taylor Swift with my mom and that was another amazing concert!! I would love to see The Killers next!
- In addition to classes I also work in a research lab! I have found out that I really enjoy doing working on projects and presenting my findings to others! Our model in the lab are mice so I have gotten used o handling them, although it did take a while to get to that point.
- I have two younger brothers who are twins! One actually attends school with me!
- I hate black olives!! Whenever I eat them I feel like I want to gag so I avoid them at all cost!
- I have started to love podcasts! I am currently listening to ‘This Podcast will Kill You’ and it is fantastic! Every episode talks about different diseases that had/ have the potential to kill you. Morbid I know, but it is a very interesting listen!
- My all time favorite TV shows are Gilmore Girls and The Office. I have gone through both series countless times and they just keep getting better. I am also currently watching Shameless and New Girl and I enjoy them both!
- My favorite fruit is a banana. Earlier this summer my boyfriend and I sat outside for 9 hours to get free smoothies for year. It was such a long night but so worth it in the end! I have been getting to try all types of smoothies, ones that I never would’ve gotten before. And they all of course contain bananas!
- I was stung by a sting ray at a bonfire the end of my senior year of high school. I still have a scar on my right foot to prove it! Since then I will not go into the ocean at night and stingrays have become my least favorite animal by far.
- If the chicken fingers didn’t give it away, I am a pretty picky eater. I have gotten a lot better in college but I still love going back to comfort foods like cheese pizza!
- My favorite place is Sedona, Arizona. My family used to take road trips there all the time and it was by far my favorite place we go! I love when it storms and you can see the lightning light up the red rocks. I haven’t gone since my seniors year and I would love to go back ASAP.
- My family loves traveling! Growing up we went on so many road trips to different National Parks and cities. Throughout my life I have been collecting pins from every place I go. It is really cool to look back and see all the places that I have traveled to. I want to continue exploring in my future! One of my goals in life is to constantly explore, see new places, and meet new people.
- I am a morning person. I have always preferred to wake up early than stay up late. In college I have done my best to schedule classes that start at 8 or 9 so then I have more time in my day to study and work. On a few occasions I will stay up late but the next morning I will be up early once again.
- I am not a coffee drinker. I will occasionally drink some if I am very tired (see #19) but I try to avoid it at all possible. I would much rather have water or milk instead.
- If I had to be a Disney Princess I would choose Ariel hands down. Being a mermaid would be the coolest thing!
Wow 21 facts! If you have gotten this far then you are amazing! I can’t wait to start this adventure with all of you. I am by no means an expert on anything, instead I will talk about my experiences and things that I love.
If you have any questions or want to talk, email me at email@example.com.